Terms of Attendance & Refund Policy
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Before attending as a dancer, competitor, or spectator at any World Dance Masters event, the following statement must be read and agreed to:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way at any World Dance Masters event, related events and activities, I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
1) The risk of injury from the activities involved in these dance events can be significant, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
2) I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, and assume full responsibility for my participation;
3) I willingly agree to comply with the stated instructions and policies and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately;
4) I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify and hold World Dance Masters, the Event Organisers, the Company Directors, and their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other event participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event or activity (“Releases”) harmless with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, to the fullest extent permitted by law;
5) I understand that I could be photographed and videoed at this event and acknowledge that I relinquish all rights to this material. Should I wish not be photographed or videoed then I will withdraw myself from the event.
6) All rights to any photography or videography taken during the competition, social dancing, or shows, at any World Dance Masters event, is the sole authority and copyright of World Dance Masters and can only be distributed for free with World Dance Masters consent. I acknowledge that World Dance Masters can ask me to withdraw any photography or videography from websites and social media and I will do so without hesitation and that I shall not charge for access to any photography or videography without World Dance Masters’ consent.
7) I understand that I am not entitled to a refund on competition or ticket entry fees for any reason except event postponement or cancellation. Should an event be cancelled or postponed refunds will be offered less original booking fees and transaction costs. This does not affect your statutory rights.
I understand, agree and acknowledge that some activities may be of a hazardous nature and/or include physical and/or strenuous activity. Understanding this, I state that I have no medical condition or impairment that might inhibit my safe and active participation in the above listed activity. In addition, I understand that World Dance Masters does not provide medical insurance coverage for activity participants and that any applicable medical insurance must be provided individually by such participants. In the case of injury or medical emergency and in the event participant, or their parent or guardian, cannot respond at the time of the emergency, World Dance Masters has permission to seek, administer, or have administered whatever first aid or emergency medical care deemed necessary for participant’s welfare, and it is understood that participants, and not World Dance Masters, shall be responsible for any and all charges for such health care services regardless of whether participant’s medical insurance, where required, would cover such charges.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT. MY ACCEPTANCE AND SIGNATURE IS GUARANTEED BY CLICKING REGISTRATION FOR THIS COMPETITION.
Event tickets and competitor registration fees cannot be exchanged or refunded unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled. Tickets or registration fees cannot be refunded or exchanged for other reasons, such as inability to attend due to travel restrictions, the need to isolate on arrival or return, or due to illness. This does not affect your statutory rights. Event tickets may be resold to another individual at face value or less. Name on tickets do not need to be updated if they are the same ticket type. It is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to ensure they have the correct ticket type and should contact World Dance Masters directly if a ticket upgrade is necessary.
Where an Event is cancelled or rescheduled, the ticket purchaser will be entitled to a refund. The refund equals the face value of the tickets / registration fees purchased but excludes any transaction or booking fees. Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence and accommodation relating to the Event which have been arranged by the booker are at your own risk and the World Dance Masters’ shall not be liable for any loss of expenditure beyond the ticket price and competition registration fees, excluding booking and transaction fees.
If an Event is cancelled or postponed, you’ll be contacted by email by the World Dance Masters team to discuss your refund options. In order to claim a refund, you must follow the instructions sent to you via email. The original ticket or registration purchaser will be the individual contacted, so if you purchased your ticket via someone else, you must work with them directly to obtain any refund. You will be informed by World Dance Masters the expected refundable amount for your transaction, less booking and transaction fees, and refund will be made back to the original method of payment. If more than 150 days have passed since the original transaction date, any refund may need to be issued via another method such as PayPal or direct bank transfer. This option will only be available if confirmed by World Dance Masters. Any refund direct to a PayPal account will be to the original PayPal email. Refunds to international banks will incur additional transaction fees, which will be confirmed by World Dance Masters to the original purchaser. Any correspondence for refunds will be made between World Dance Masters and the original purchasing email address only.
Once refunds have been made they could take up to 10 working days to be received by your bank or card issuer. After the refund has been issued via World Dance Masters, you must contact your bank or card issuer with any queries.